In 1910, a very wealthy parishioner Mr. John North commissioned a new glass window for St. Mary’s Church. The previous one was destroyed by the upset folks of Dublin after an upset in the 1852 election. John North was the owner of a “Hammam” which was a Turkish Bath on O’Connell Street. The window we see today in The Church was the first of its kind in Dublin when it was originally placed and this set a precedent as most Protestant churches followed this example over the next 150 years. The octagonal limestone pillars are timber clad and were extensively reconstructed during the conversion of the church in the late 90s.