There is lots of summer craic here in Dublin. Some of the top events to check out are:
1. The annual Bloomsday Festival is June 11-16th. The festival is in celebration of James Joyce’s Ulysses. This festival has been going on since 1954 and has become quite the fun!
2. Taste of Dublin is coming June 13th and don’t worry! You don’t have to be a master chef to attend. If the tasting is more your speed, there will be plenty of opportunities to do so here. This is a foodies paradise. It’s a weekend full of opportunity to see, make, and try delicious food.
3. Dublin Pride is coming June 20th and the Dublin Pride Parade is June 29th. This is one of the biggest free events in the country. The celebration turns the city into a giant rainbow of color, diversity, and inclusion. There is a parade with over 7,000 people from 150 groups participating. The celebration lasts a week long and includes tons of fun and bright decorations throughout the entire city.
4. Longitude is coming July 5th with a killer lineup. ASAP Rocky, Chance The Rapper, and Cardi B will all be jammin’ out in Marlay Park. More than a dozen more artist are joining them for this party in the park. In addition, Marlay Park is a lovely place to be in the summertime.
5. The Wine and Cheese Festival is coming August 8th and it has been moved to Iveagh Gardens! This is the second year of the festival. Last year it was located at Eatyard and over 6,000 people were in attendance. However, this year it is going to be the biggest and best yet. Tickets are on sale now and are between €16 and €20 plus a booking fee. The festival is from Thursday August 8th to Sunday August 11th.
Don’t forget that you can come to The Church for some summer craic as well!